If you are growing your portfolio and becoming a busy freelancer, you might find it harder and harder to organize your schedule and all the different tasks for clients. Without an app or way to organize yourself, you might find yourself forgetting tasks and then losing clients as a result. From Moxie to Buffer, this guide will cover some of the best apps you can download to make sure you are organized and ahead of schedule.
As a freelancer, it is important to keep organized and take care of logistics between you and the client. Moxie offers features for time tracking, invoicing, and task management that help you organize and manage client relationships.
Features such as meeting scheduling and proposal builders create a clear and communicative pipeline for freelancing work while saving time that might have been used for drafting proposals and planning.
If you need help with task management, this is the app for you. One of the best things about Todoist is that you can make to-do lists and share them with your clients. This shows them the tasks you need to get done and how you have planned your schedule to ensure they get done.
You can also prioritize your tasks on this app to ensure that the tasks with the most priority are done quickly.
If you are looking for new freelance gigs, this app can help you save ads that you have seen for gigs that suit your interests and experience.
All in all, this is one of the best apps you can get if you want to ensure you get all your tasks done on time and that your clients know what you have worked on each week as this helps them with paying you and calculating your hours.
Cushion is very popular because it was made and designed by freelancers so you can be sure it has all the features and things you need. Not only can you organize your schedule, but there are many added features including being able to make a budget and see which emails you need to respond to and which ones still need a reply.
Here are some of the best features of Cushion:
- Schedule time slots for all the tasks you need to get done so that everything is organized
- Track your deadlines and see which ones are coming up and what tasks need to be prioritized
- See how much income you have coming in so you can organize your money and see if you need to take on extra projects to meet your financial needs
- See the final price that you need to charge clients and ensure that you have told them the price before work begins
- Track invoices and send them to clients directly from the app
While the app’s main feature is to be able to track your schedule and see if you completing tasks on time, it’s also helpful to see the income you are receiving from each project.
You can also make invoices on the app which keeps all your money and financial aspects of freelancing in the same place.
This is the best app for freelancers who have to do a lot of emailing and find it hard to organize and track their emails. Most freelancers find that they spend a few hours a day emailing clients and responding to emails from potential customers.
Here are some of the best features that Postbox offers:
- Combine all your email inboxes into one place and use a search engine for all of them to quickly find what you are looking for
- Create a focus pain where you can highlight the most important emails. You can then organize them to be at the top so that you respond to them first.
- Organize emails based on many different things such as who they are from or the topic they are about
The app also comes with email templates so you can easily organize what you need to say rather than having to spend hours and hours typing out responses to every client.
The app is very user friendly so you should be able to use it with extreme ease which makes it one of the best apps for those wanting to organize their email inbox.
If you are a virtual assistant or another kind of freelancer where you are required to schedule many different appointments, Calendly is the best app for you. You can connect the app with all of your client’s existing calendars whether it be on Gmail, iCloud, Exchange, or Outlook.
You can also set up reminders for all events that can be sent to you or they can also be sent to the client as well. On the calendar, you can share the schedule of your clients so that people can see availability and know when they might be able to call them or schedule a meeting with them.
You can also create your own scheduling link and then put it at the bottom of all your emails or correspondences so that people can easily click it and then schedule a meeting with you in any of the available time slots.
If your main job as a freelancer is to manage social media for clients, you need to download Buffer. Buffer has many different features you can take advantage of including:
- Automatically share posts and schedule posts and content to many different social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Organize post-engagement and see if there is any progress. You can then share the progress with clients
- Organize your posting schedule and ensure that you are posting photos and content at the best times of the day
- Add images and videos to each of your posts that enhance your brand
You can easily schedule months and months of content ahead of time which frees up your schedule to do other activities. Checking how MyEnvoyAir works.
The Bottom Line
Staying organized as a freelancer can be difficult especially if you have many clients at one time. If you are having trouble keeping tasks on track and completing things that need to get done, make sure you download some of these apps to make your life easier.
Apps are super easy to download onto your phone and then you have access to your schedule and tasks all in one easy and convenient place.